NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - A 53-year-old woman died after being swept away by floodwaters in Cheatham County Wednesday night.
It happened just before 10 p.m. on Pond Creek near the Davidson County line.
According to the Cheatham County Sheriff, the woman was visiting relatives when she went to move her car.
She was walking across a bridge to get back to a home when floodwaters from Pond Creek swept her away, according to the Sheriff's Office. Her body was later recovered near a fence line.
She was identified by the Sheriff as Michelle Cooper.
This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 and refresh this page for updates.
PHOTOS: Storm damage in Middle Tennessee
Afternoon storms flood roads and...
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse
- R&B artist R. Kelly charged with 10 counts of felony criminal sexual abuse involving minors
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged in Florida prostitution bust
- Smollett's character off 'Empire' for end of season