NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - The News 2 Weather Authority wants you to enroll in our Weather Authority University!
Starting Thursday, March 21st, join the News 2 Weather Authority team in four different cities across Middle Tennessee to learn about severe weather and how to keep yourself and your family safe.
The event is free and fun for the whole family.
Each Thursday, Danielle Breezy and Jared Plushnick will have live reports in the 4, 5, and 6 p.m. newscasts.
Then, at 6:30 p.m., Danielle and Jared will be joined by the National Weather Service, as well as representatives from local government for a special severe weather presentation.
Topics include how to keep you and your family safe during severe weather, how the National Weather Service determines what EF level a tornado was, and some interesting facts on tornadoes, too.
Following the presentation, there will be a question and answer session, as well as a meet and greet. The National Weather Service will also hold a one-hour storm spotter certification class after the presentation for those interested.
Upcoming dates for Weather Authority University include:
- Thursday, March 21st – Cheatham County Middle School Multi-Purpose Room, 700 Scoutview Road, Ashland City
- Thursday, April 4th – Black Fox Elementary/Murfreesboro
- Thursday, April 11th – Mt. Juliet Middle School Auditorium, 3565 North Mt. Juliet Road, Mt. Juliet
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Labrador retriever most pup-ular US dog breed...
- Dozens of rattlesnakes removed from under Texas...
- Stranded man who feared arrest found dead after...
- Blaze extinguished at Texas petrochemicals...