As rain continues to fall across Middle Tennessee, many roads have closed across the region due to rising rivers and flash flooding.
News 2 is tracking the hardest hit areas with team coverage to keep you safe through the storm.
Here’s a list of roads local responders say to avoid due to flooding concerns:
- Shelbyville Hwy 82
- Anna Lane at Bomar Creek
- Midland Rd. at Peacock Lane
- South Harpeth Rd from the bridge over Brush Creek (by the Golf Course) to C C Rd.
- Main st. between King’s Automotive and Stratton Blvd. in Ashland City
- Tennessee Waltz Parkway (By-pass)
- SR-64 northbound between Murfreesboro Highway and Coffee/Cannon Co. Line
- SR-127 northbound between US-41 and Coffee/Warren Co. Line
- Doak Rd in Manchester
- SR-141 northbound between Smith/DeKalb County Line and Long Branch Road
- HWY 48 CLOSED COUNTYWIDE
- SR-130 westbound at Bettye Lane
- SR-166 both directions between Nubbin Ridge Rd. and Waldrop Rd.
- SR-11 both directions at Goodspring Post Office
- Alf Harris Road
- High water reported on Highway 31 near Newman Hollow Road
- SR-69 in both directions at the Hardin/Decatur County Line
- Old Mill Creek Rd.
- Sulphur Creek Rd by Sulphur Creek
- Hickman Springs
- Hwy 49 at the Yellow Creek Bridge near Hwy 46 S in Vanleer is completely impassable at this time
Hwy 70 between Waverly and McEwen
- SR-262 eastbound near Whitaker Street
- SR-242 in both directions between Brewers Branch Rd. and N. Holly Creek Rd.
- Oaks Rd. off Henryville Road
- Cummings Rd.
- Chief Creek Rd. at low water bridge
- Waterfork Road (1-2 inches of water)
- Wayland Springs (likely closed soon)
- SR-273 both directions between Swan Creek Rd. and Ben Barry Rd.
- SR-110 both directions between White Cemetery and Childress Rd.
- SR-272 both directions between Berea Cemetery and Crigger Rd.
- According to local EMA, there are scattered road closures, many of them are north of Lewisburg.
- SR-247 eastbound between Santa Fe Rd and Leipers Creek Rd.
- Old Williamsport Pike
- All parks CLOSED until further notice
- Lock B South at the river bottoms:
- Lock B Rd South
- Shelton Ferry Rd
- Southside Road
- CB Road
- Lock B North at the bottoms
- Lock B North
- Gholson Road
- Lock C River Bottoms
- Lylewood Road at County line
- Kirkwood Road at Lock C bottoms
- Levi Road
- Powers Place
- Port Royal Lane
- Chapel Hill Road at the bridge over Hurricane Creek
- Acuff Road off Dunbar Cave Road
- Hematite Road
- Turkey Creek Church Road
- Main Street in Lynchburg
- Shelton Road
- SR 50 toward Tims Ford Dam closed at Galloway Lane
- SR-111 N. Church Street and Celina Highway — diverted to alternate routes
- Cypress Creek Road – IMPASSABLE
- Russell Creek Road – IMPASSABLE
- Highway 48E — currently passable, but could flood again
- Update at 7:15pm:
- Seminary/Bluegrass – high water/impassable
- Alford Road – high water/passable
- Nice Mill/lower side – high water/impassable –road closed
- Mount Vernon/Sulphur Springs – high water/impassable –road closed
- Raines Street/Withers to Hardee – high water/impassable – road closed
- Guy James Bridge – High water/impassable – road closed
- Old Nashville Hwy at the railroad tracks – high water/passable
- Elam Road at the City Limits – high water/impassable – road closed
• Wayside and Sledge Road
• Veals between Double Springs Road and Bradyville
• Seminary at Poplarwood.
• Goochie Ford Road at Bivens.
• Cranor Road (one lane)
• County Farm Road at Elam Road slab
• Sulphur Springs at Shacklett
• Sulphur Springs at Buckeye Bottom Road
• Readyville at North Lassiter
Roads considered impassable:
• Seminary Road and Bluegrass
• Stones River Slab
• Kedron Church Road
• 2200 Block of Shoemaker Road.
• The 450-block of Annadel Street.
• The 1993-1943 block of Kingwood Drive
• The 1200 block of Mt. Herman Road
• 310 Cranor Road (one lane closed)
• 547 Cranor Road
• Rucker Road at Crabapple
• 3400- block of South Rucker Road
• The 4900-5000 block of Poplarwood
• Vaught and Cripple Creek Roads
• Kedron Church Road
Other roads with high water include:
• Crescent Road and Stones River Road
• Dilton Makin Road and Bradyville Pike
• The 1000 block of Allen Road
• Briley Road, Rocky Fork and Almaville.
• Franklin Road and Royal Glen subdivision
• Friendswood Lane
• Lovvorn at Rocks Springs Road
• 5214 Old Nashville Highway.
• 2305 Armstrong Valley Road.
• Puckett Road at Shores Road.
• 113 Withers Avenue.
• 212 Crescent Road
• Mt. Herman Road and Weeks Road
• 4208 Bradyville Pike
• Blackman Road at Bass Road
• Swamp Road at Little Rock Road
• Mt. Vernon Road and New Salem Highway
• 1300 Block of Mt. Herman Road
- SR-128 in both directions at Harbor Drive
- SR-84 eastbound between W. Rhea St. and Wagoner St.
- 3rd Avenue – Centennial and 4th Ave.
- W.Harpeth – Hunter Rd.
- Boyd Mill Pike – Old Hillsboro Rd./Blazer Rd.
- Floyd Rd. – Old Hillsboro Rd.
- Old Natchez Trace – Temple Rd./Lawrence Rd.
- 2089 Kidd Rd. – Whitney Park Dr. / Fann Rd.
- W. Harpeth Rd. – Sedberry Rd. /Hunter Rd.
- 2084 Wilson Pike
- Clovercroft Rd. – Bayhill Circle
- Moran Rd. – Boxwood Dr.
- Southall Rd. – Old Hillsboro Rd.
- Del Rio Pike – Cotton Ln.
- Carl Rd. – Southall Rd. / Carters Creek Pike
- 2084 Wilson Pike
- 5150 Inman Branch Rd. – Old Hwy 96
- Trinity Rd. – Arno Rd.
- Blazer Rd – Boxley Valley Rd
- Patterson Rd – Horton Hwy
- Lewisburg Pike – Eastern Flank /Mack Hatcher
- Horn Tavern – Lakewood Club Rd.
- Glennhaven Drive – Haven Court
- Hwy 100 – Chester Rd. and Turnbull Creek
- Dice Lampley – Northwest
- Crowcut Rd. – Turnbull Creek Crossing
- Northwest – Hwy 96 North
- Cleveland Lane – Horn Tavern
- Jones Lane – Hwy 100
- Fernvale Rd. – Hwy 100
- Horn Tavern Rd. – Bahne Rd.
Aspen Grove Park FACILITY/PARK CLOSURES
- Bicentennial Park
- Eastern Flank Battlefield
- Fieldstone Farms Tunnels
This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 on-air and online for updates.