NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - After a three-day party in Music City, the 2019 NFL Draft is officially over.
The record-setting crowds have moved on and the stage on Broadway is being disassembled.
It is unknown how long it will take for all of the NFL Draft set to be removed and many road closures in downtown Nashville are still in effect.
Nashville International Airport expects a record number of travelers on Monday—more than 30,000.
On a typical day, 20,000 passengers are screened through security checkpoints at BNA.
Travelers are advised to check their flight statuses and arrive at least two hours before flights.
Security checkpoint wait times can be found at the Nashville International Airport website.
The NFL draft drew record numbers both on site and on television.
The league said Monday that more than 600,000 attended over the three days in Nashville, easily eclipsing the 250,000 that came to watch two years ago in Philadelphia.
Nielsen reports that the draft on ESPN, ABC and NFL Network averaged 6.1 million viewers at any given time over the three days. The draft averaged 5.5 million viewers last year, which was the first time all seven rounds were on broadcast television.
The average numbers were up despite the ratings for Thursday’s first round being flat. The combined average for the three networks was 11.1 million, which was down from last year’s 11.2 million. The ABC broadcast averaged 4.5 million, which was up 21 percent from last year’s 3.7 million that watched on Fox.
“By every metric — from the hundreds of thousands of fans who filled the streets of Nashville to the record-breaking ratings and viewership — this event was an unqualified success,” Peter O’Reilly, the NFL’s executive vice president for club business and league events, said in an email.
Next year’s draft is slated to take place in Las Vegas and will be the first significant event hosted by the Raiders in their new home city. The Raiders will play their final season in Oakland this year before moving to Nevada.
*The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Frito-Lay recalls chips due to possible milk...
- Taco Bell giving away free tacos to everyone...
- Trump threatens to deport millions beginning...
- Topeka police sorry for Father's Day tweet in...
On April 22, 2018, just before 3:30 a.m., a gunman entered a South Nashville Waffle House. He was nude, except for a green trench coat. In his hands was a Bushmaster AR-15. Thirteen people were at the restaurant. In less than 45 seconds, four people were fatally wounded, two were severely injured and seven others were deeply traumatized.Read More »