For the seventh time in the last 11 seasons, the Nashville Predators will begin the season on the road.
The Preds start their quest for the Stanley Cup October 4, against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden followed by a rematch with former head coach Barry Trotz October 6 against the New York Islanders.
They’ll return to Nashville for the banner raising ceremony October 9 for their first game at Bridgestone against the Calgary Flames.
– Nashville plays at home 13 times on Saturday and 11 times on Tuesday during the 2018-19 regular season.
– The Predators will play a back-to-back on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, visiting Washington and hosting Philadelphia, respectively.
– The team’s longest road trip of the season is six games long and takes place from Jan. 4-13, with games in Detroit, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Columbus, and Carolina.
– Nashville’s longest homestand is five games from Nov. 25-Dec. 3 and features contests against Anaheim, Colorado, Arizona, Chicago, and Buffalo.
– February sees the Preds play nine home games, their most in a single month in 2018-19.
– The schedule features 10 back-to-backs, including five road-road, four road-home, and one home-road.