Tuesday is here and with it NFL Power Rankings for Week 5 in the NFL and predictably a bit of a tumble for the Tennessee Titans.
32. Houston Texans (1-3) – Not a lot of wins left on the schedule for Houston, well, maybe not any.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4) – Ship is taking on water awfully fast. The only question is can Trevor Lawrence bail water faster than Urban Meyer can punch holes in the hull?
30. Detroit Lions (0-4) – How bad is the weapons situation in Detroit? Their leading receiver at wide receiver is a guy who was like the Titans 5th last season… Kalif Raymond 14 rec. 182 yards and 2 touchdowns. Having said that, I’m THRILLED for him. He’s a heck of a nice guy, has persevered and his mom is the best.
29. New York Jets (1-3) – Corey Davis has 16 rec. 257 yards and 3 touchdowns with a struggling rookie quarterback this year. AJ Brown and Julio Jones have combined for 19 rec. 296 yards and 1 TD with Ryan Tannehill at QB and Derrick Henry in the backfield. For the Corey Davis haters in Nashville.
28. New York Giants (1-3) – Kenny Golladay finally breaks thru with 6 rec. for 116 yards in New Orleans.
27. Atlanta Falcons (1-3) – Look, we know the Falcons are bad. I think Arthur Smith knows they are bad too, but I also feel like we are already starting to see his presence take a effect.
26. Miami Dolphins (1-3) – Tough to do in this league without a QB.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-3) – The Steelers offense has not topped 20 points in any of their 4 games this season.
24. New England Patriots (1-3) – Yeah, they almost won. They did not and that was with Brady playing a very subpar game. Their lone victory remains against the Jets.
23. Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) – After two solid defensive efforts to open the season, they have surrendered a whopping 83 points in 2 games. Fly Eagles Fly!!!
22. Chicago Bears (2-2) – Have you heard of Darnell Mooney? 5 receptions for 125 yards last week. Justin Fields certainly knows who Mooney is.
21. Indianapolis Colts (1-3) – That was a must win for the Colts, but it certainly does not mean everything is fixed. They beat Jacoby Brissett, they did not climb Mount Everest.
20. Washington Football Team (2-2) – Where is the defense we expected?
19. Minnesota Vikings (1-3) – I think the Vikings offense is pretty good, so that Browns defense must be really legit.
18. New Orleans Saints (2-2) – At least the Titans lost to a bad New York team on the road and not on their home field. BTW does Sean Payton trust Jameis Winston? He has not thrown more than 23 passes in a game, so, NO.
17. Tennessee Titans (2-2) – Injuries are not an excuse, but they are a reality. The Titans were without 4 Pro Bowl players Sunday, still, it was the Jets, and if they show up ready to play they win. Oh and Ryan Tannehill is a human pinata.
16. San Francisco 49ers (2-2) – Their 2 wins are against the 1-7 combined Lions and Eagles so let’s slow our roll on the Niners.
🏈 TITAN UP all season long with the latest news and notes on the Tennessee Titans
15. Seattle Seahawks (2-2) – Russell Wilson… 72% completion percentage… 9 TD’s… 0 INT’s… Yep, same Russell Wilson.
14. Denver Broncos (3-1) – So the Broncos are allowed to throw for TD’s with :30 left, but other teams CAN NOT hand the ball off on the next play. The unwritten rules of the game are baffling sometimes.
13. Cincinnati Bengals (3-1) – If it wasn’t the Bengals you might actually want to rank them higher. Burrow and Chase look like a problem for a long time.
12. Baltimore Ravens (3-1*, really 2-2) – The 100 yard rushing streak is intact and John Harbaugh found another coach to fight with.
11. Carolina Panthers (3-1) – Another 300 yard game for Sam Darnold and I continue to countdown how long it takes the Bears to make Panther OC Joe Brady their head coach.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) – Tyreek Hill is like Derrick Henry sometimes… He’s just not fair! 11 rec. 186 yards and 3 TD’s in 1 game!!!!
9. Las Vegas Raiders (3-1) – Did you see the hit Hunter Renfrow made on special teams?
8. Green Bay Packers (3-1) – Unbeaten since that opening day debacle. They need to run the ball better, averaging only 92 yads a game.
7. Tampa Bay Bucs (3-1) – They are not playing very well by their standard but are still finding a way.
6. Los Angeles Chargers (3-1) – Man this team is fun to watch! Uber talented young QB, aggressive young coach and weapons all over the field.
5. Dallas Cowboys (3-1) – I know fans will not like this, but I am on board with the Cowboys. That offense is lit and Dan Quinn has that defense playing a different level with rookie corner Trevon Diggs leading the way with 5 picks in 4 games.
4. Los Angeles Rams (3-1) – Shocking to see that defensive front torched for 217 yards rushing by Arizona.
3. Cleveland Browns (3-1) – I got on board with the Browns this week because their defense dominated a good Viking offense and they won a game on the road when their quarterback stunk. This is a really good football team.
2. Buffalo Bills (3-1) – Week 1 looks like an aberration and now we are seeing the real Bills. They have won their last 3 games 118-21… That’s a 39-7 average.
1. Arizona Cardinals (4-0) – They are the only unbeaten team left and they just knocked off the previous #1 on their home field, how do I not put the Cardinals first? Believe me no one is questioning this more than me.