NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Metro police officials said there have been 10 deadly overdoses in the Nashville area in just six days.
According to a tweet posted by the dept. on Tuesday night, a white or brown substance was found at the scenes of 5 of those fatal overdoses.
While toxicology reports for the victims are still pending, officials have reason to believe the overdoses are linked to heroin and cocaine mixed with fentanyl similar to the substance pictured.
Officials in Cheatham County think the same source could also be to blame for the five recent overdose deaths reported there.
This is developing story. Stay with News 2 for updates.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WATCH LIVE: Trump to announce 2020 bid in Orlando
- DR officials identify man believed to have paid...
- Florida man dressed as Spiderman seen power...
- Frito-Lay recalls chips due to possible milk...
On April 22, 2018, just before 3:30 a.m., a gunman entered a South Nashville Waffle House. He was nude, except for a green trench coat. In his hands was a Bushmaster AR-15. Thirteen people were at the restaurant. In less than 45 seconds, four people were fatally wounded, two were severely injured and seven others were deeply traumatized.Read More »