NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – On Memorial Day, News 2 paid tribute to the men and women of Middle Tennessee who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
From stories of bravery and courage, as well as memories from loved ones as they honor their fallen heroes, we highlighted the personal stories of our region’s finest.Stories aired during Heroes of Tennessee:
- ‘Keep moving forward’: Nashville family shares fallen soldier’s final words
- Lebanon man has new insight into dad’s disappearance during Vietnam War
- Family remembers 1st female Tennessee National Guard member to die in combat
- Soldier’s Tennessee hometown fondly remembers war hero
- Williamson County mom says hero son died doing what he loved
- Memorial Day marks last time Franklin family saw beloved soldier
- Fallen Columbia marine’s legacy lives on in son he never met
- Lipscomb Academy grad remembered as overachiever on battle, football fields
- Life of fallen Gallatin marine lives on in son he never met
Join News 2 Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. for “Final Flight: The Blue Angels Tragedy One Year Later” as News 2’s Samantha Fisher looks at the accident that took the life of Marine Captain Jeff Kuss and how it forever touched Middle Tennessee.Click here to read more from Heroes of Tennessee.