NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - There have been more than 2,000 calls to Tennessee’s Human Trafficking Hotline since 2007.
In the United States, on average, every two minutes, a child is bought or sold for sex. The average age of a child sold for sex is 13. Human Trafficking is the second-fastest growing criminal industry, just behind drug trafficking.
News 2 reports on The Faces of Human Trafficking in this 30-minute news special.
Hear from survivors, activists and law enforcement about how they're handling the growing concerns, including the abuse of children.
One victim, who was trafficked when she was younger than 10-years-old, shares her story with Eric Egan.
Suspect someone may be a victim of human trafficking? Call the Tennessee Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-855-55-TNHTH
Stories featured include:
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 3 groups, many videos, many interpretations of DC encounter
- Thief steals $1,000 from Girl Scouts selling cookies at mall
- Political shifts, sales slump cast shadow over gun industry
- Oscar nominations announced Tuesday morning