NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Tennessee native and “Straight Outta Cashville” rapper David Darnell Brown, aka Young Buck, was sentenced to seven months in prison on Wednesday.

U.S. Attorney David Rivera said Brown admitted to violating the conditions of his supervised release and probation in two federal cases in court.

The rapper was convicted in July 2013 of being a convicted felon in unlawful possession of a firearm and being a convicted felon in unlawful possession of ammunition.

He was sentenced to 18 months in prison and 3 years of supervise release. He completed his sentence and was began the release term in November 2013.

A condition of supervised release required Brown to participate in drug testing and urinalysis to detect illegal drug use.

In August, 2015, Brown pleaded guilty to willfully falsifying, concealing, and covering up by trick, scheme, and device, material facts regarding his possession and use of marijuana, by providing a false urine sample and by falsely telling a United States Probation Officer that he had not used a controlled substance.

Brown used a device with a plastic bag that contained someone else’s urine during a drug test.

He was sentenced to serve 18 months’ probation, pay a $7,500 fine; perform 100 hours of community service; and submit to mandatory drug testing and treatment.

Then earlier this year, Brown violated those conditions in “at least three ways.” According to the U.S. Attorney:

In March, he received text messages from the fiancée of the mother of one of Brown’s children. In those text messages, the fiancée told Brown that he was in violation of a state court child support/visitation order, and that he could face state jail time for contempt. Brown then called the victim in this incident various derogatory and racial epithets and threatened him with physical harm.

On March 29, 2016, Brown was summoned to court for his initial appearance and was ordered to comply with conditions, including not violating any law while pending a final hearing on that violation.

On July 20, 2016, another of Brown’s ex-girlfriends obtained an Ex Parte Order of Protection in state court and arrest warrants were issued against Brown based on an incident in which Brown wanted to get certain property out of that woman’s house and was told that the property was not there. He then kicked in the door of the residence and threatened that woman. Brown was arrested for violating his supervision, and was detained pending a detention hearing. After that hearing, the federal magistrate determined Brown could be released pending the final hearing on this incident and the previous March 2016 incident, but ordered Brown not to have any direct or indirect contact with this victim. Brown was released under those conditions on August 1, 2016.

The rapper then attempted to contact the woman over 100 times in violation of the judge’s order.

Related Story:

Young Buck accused of vandalizing ex-girlfriend’s apartment

News 2 is committed to tracking crime across Middle Tennessee. Visit for more coverage.