Sidney Walton is a 99-year-old WWII veteran on a mission: 50 states and 50 governors.
Joined by his son Paul the two have been traveling state to state with two goals. He wants to meet all 50 governors, and also let others meet a veteran of WWII.
In 1941, the year Sidney enlisted in the Army, he missed an opportunity to meet a few of the last surviving Civil War veterans in New York’s Central Park. He regrets that to this day, according to his son. Now, to make up for it, he is allowing any person throughout the country a last chance to meet one of the oldest heroes of WWII.
So far Sidney has been to a number of states and he’s met nine governors.
1. Gov. Gina Raimondo, Providence, RI (4/24)
2. Gov. Charlie Baker, Boston, MA (4/30)
3. Gov. Paul LePage, Augusta, ME (5/4)
4. Gov. Dannel Malloy, Hartford, CT (5/10)
5. Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Albany, NY (5/18)
6. Gov. Phil Murphy, Trenton, NJ (5/24)
7. Gov. Eric Holcomb, Indianapolis, IN (5/28)
8. Gov. Pete Ricketts, Lincoln, NE and press conference (6/11)
9. Gov. Bill Haslam, Nashville, TN – (6/19)
Sidney Walton and son, Paul, will be staying at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Nashville and will be available for anyone who wants to meet a WWII veteran beginning at 6:00 pm Tuesday.
To follow his journey go to www.goSidgo.com