SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Big Game Bound Week 12: NFC title game preview in San Francisco?
- Netflix reports worldwide streaming outage
- A toddler was caught in an airport escalator and fell to his death. Now his mom is charged with child abuse
- “We look the exact same!” 5-year-olds wear matching outfits for Twin Day at school
- Update: Arkansas family’s missing dog coming home after rescuer sees story