SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Wedgewood-Houston group doesn’t want NASCAR coming to their neighborhood
- Group says 3-year-old’s death needs to be a turning point for North Nashville
- Turkey killed, dumped in Rutherford County creek
- Alabama school employee charged with production of pornography with minors
- CDC committee reviewing J&J’s vaccine wants more data before ending pause