SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Murfreesboro police looking for missing 28-year-old man
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Meth Triangle: Fighting the ‘root evil’ in Middle Tennessee
- Confession from father in ‘Baby Joe’ case released in court
- Sports Extra Daily with Kayla Anderson and Emily Proud: September 24, 2020