KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The University of Tennessee is shedding light on its decision to cancel Spring 2020 commencement ceremonies.
UT-Knoxville said Wednesday officials are working on plans for a commencement ceremony for the spring class of 2020 at a later date after canceling the May ceremony amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The university added, “the class of 2020 will be celebrated and their achievements will be recognized. We will keep you posted on these plans.”
- ‘Basic accountability’: Biden advocates for reform after Chauvin verdict
- Former Pres. Obama, Minnesota governor, and more react to Chauvin verdict
- George Floyd’s girlfriend reacts to Derek Chauvin verdict
- Black leaders respond to Chauvin guilty verdict
- Police: Missing Nashville man found murdered in Warren County, Kentucky