GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) – Storm Team 12 is tracking Hurricane Laura along the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where the storm is little more than 250 west outside of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Neighbors on the coast are still in harms way due to storm surges from Laura’s massive winds. There are flooded side streets off Highway 603 south of Interstate 10 in Bay St. Louis.
Hancock County EMA officials predicted another two to four foot storm surge for their shorelines, which could put out another 100 roads in the county under water.
Click here to keep up with the Storm Team 12 forecast.
- Titans Week: Looking for revenge in big AFC South battle
- SEC Weekend: Long-standing rivalry between Vols and Commodores on hold
- Crews battle residential structure fire in Brentwood
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Sumner County authorities issue silver alert for Hendersonville woman