GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) – Storm Team 12 is tracking Hurricane Laura along the Mississippi Gulf Coast, where the storm is little more than 250 west outside of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Neighbors on the coast are still in harms way due to storm surges from Laura’s massive winds. There are flooded side streets off Highway 603 south of Interstate 10 in Bay St. Louis.
Hancock County EMA officials predicted another two to four foot storm surge for their shorelines, which could put out another 100 roads in the county under water.
Click here to keep up with the Storm Team 12 forecast.
- It’s hot outside: Here are tips to stay safe when cooling off in the water
- Dog earns 6M followers while learning to communicate with humans
- ‘Wouldn’t be here’: Officials honor 7-year-old Chicago boy who called 911 when mom was having seizure
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record