WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – Williamson County Schools has been named the third best school district in the state of Tennessee, according to a new online rankings list.
Niche, a data aggregator that connects people and families to the best colleges, universities and schools in the country, released its 2023 Best Schools rankings, including the top performing districts by state.
Top 10 Best Tennessee School Districts
- Maryville City Schools
- Johnson City Schools
- Williamson County Schools
- Kingsport City Schools
- Germantown Municipal School District
- Alcoa City Schools
- Oak Ridge School District
- Collierville Schools
- Greeneville City Schools
- Dyersburg City School District
📧 Have breaking come to you: Subscribe to News 2 email alerts →
Williamson County Schools also came in first in Best School Districts in the Nashville Area, according to Niche data, as well as fourth out of 126 districts in Best School Districts for Athletes in Tennessee and 35th out of 136 in Districts with the Best Teachers.
While it was the only Middle Tennessee district in the Top 10, according to Niche, several Middle Tennessee schools made the top of the list, such Wilson County Schools at 12th, Rutherford County Schools at 16th and Sumner County Schools at 17th.
Clarksville-Montgomery County School System ranked 23rd, while Tennessee School for the Blind rounded out the Top 25.
| READ MORE | Latest headlines from Clarksville and Montgomery County
Other Middle Tennessee school districts making the list were:
- 26. Trousdale County Schools
- 28. Putnam County School District
- 35. Lawrence County School District
- 36. Fayetteville City School District
- 39. Dickson County School District
- 41. White County School District
- 42. Tullahoma City Schools
- 43. Smith County School District
- 49. Lincoln County School District
- 54. Cumberland County School District
You can read more of the data from Niche at this link.
This is the ninth year that Niche has compiled the rankings, which it says are based on data compiled for 92,743 public schools, 30,112 private schools and 11,820 school districts nationwide.