MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WJHL) - Morristown Town Police say they are investigating an alleged "murder-suicide" that happened early this morning.
According to investigators, deputies responded to McFarland Street for an apartment complex where three people were suffering gunshot wounds.
Detectives believe that the shooter forced his way into the apartment and shot both victims with a .32 caliber handgun before turning the gun on himself.
Police have identified the suspect as Brandon Michael McMurtury, 30, of Morristown.
According to the investigator, Angel Robert Garcia, 30, of Morristown died from his wounds. Wanda Batista Maldonado, 29, the resident of the apartment was taken to UT Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
In a press release issued by the department, MPD says the three victims knew each other and Maldonado reported to investigators that she had previously had problems with McMurtury.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Mom claims 11-year-old son attempted suicide...
- 11-year-old boy fights off intruder with machete
- NASA spots large 'Star Trek' logo on Mars
- Pillsbury recalls bread flour for possible...
On April 22, 2018, just before 3:30 a.m., a gunman entered a South Nashville Waffle House. He was nude, except for a green trench coat. In his hands was a Bushmaster AR-15. Thirteen people were at the restaurant. In less than 45 seconds, four people were fatally wounded, two were severely injured and seven others were deeply traumatized.Read More »