MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Residents in South Memphis and Midtown got a scare Friday night when they heard and saw several explosions coming from a low-flying plane over their homes.
One person on Nextdoor reported seeing six to seven large fireballs from the plane as it approached from the south around 6:30. Others said the booms shook their houses.
FedEx Express confirmed Friday night that there was an issue just after takeoff on one of its flights headed to Minneapolis.
A company spokesperson said the plane turned back to the Memphis airport and landed without incident. There were no injuries.
Maintenance crews were checking the aircraft, the company said.
- Freddie O’Connell to be sworn in as Nashville’s 10th mayor
- Biden administration provides $31M in funding for rail projects in Tennessee
- More schools are adopting 4-day weeks. Day 5 is a challenge for parents
- Here’s how many times the federal government has shut down
- Watch Local on 2 to win Humble Baron $100 gift card