NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A death row inmate is scheduled to die by electric chair next week.
Nicholas Sutton, 58, was sentenced to death for the 1985 murder of fellow inmate Carl Estep at the Morgan County Correctional Facility.
Sutton has spent the last 33 years on Tennessee’s death row.
Late last month, Sutton chose to die in the electric chair. His sentence will be carried out next Thursday, Feb. 20, at the Riverbend Maximum Security Institute in Nashville.
- Live at Noon ET: Daytona 500 picks, analysis with special guests on Countdown to Daytona
- Robertson Co. crash shuts down I-65 SB lanes, reports of child ejected
- Noah Gragson gives Earnhardt another win at Daytona
- One driver’s dream will become reality in the Daytona 500
- 1 dead, 4 wounded in Connecticut club shooting