NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Human Services is extending the deadline for families to apply for food assistance amid the ongoing pandemic.
The deadline to apply for the pandemic electronic benefit transfer program is now Monday, July 13 at 5:30 p.m.
The program provides parents with $5.70 in food benefits per child each day that child qualifies Families that receive SNAP or TANF benefits do not need to apply.
The program is designed to help reduce meal costs for families with school children since schools were closed due to the pandemic earlier this year.
- Convicted murderer to be released from prison
- Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Jobless claims fall to 751,000, but new infections a threat
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- National Cat Day: 8 weird things cats do and why