NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Human Services is extending the deadline for families to apply for food assistance amid the ongoing pandemic.
The deadline to apply for the pandemic electronic benefit transfer program is now Monday, July 13 at 5:30 p.m.
The program provides parents with $5.70 in food benefits per child each day that child qualifies Families that receive SNAP or TANF benefits do not need to apply.
The program is designed to help reduce meal costs for families with school children since schools were closed due to the pandemic earlier this year.
- Early morning fire in Putnam County kills woman and dog
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Sports Extra Daily with Cory Curtis and Kayla Anderson: 7.12.20
- WATCH: WSU Professor tracking data and policy related to COVID-19’s impact on NCAA D-I football
- 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured as crews battle fire at San Diego-based Navy ship