KOXVILLE (WATE) – A suspect was injured following an officer-involved shooting Saturday afternoon in Knoxville.
The TBI identified the suspect as 36-year-old Zacharaih Allen.
KPD responded to a domestic-related burglary in progress in the 4300-block of Immanuel street in South Knoxville.
When they arrived, Allen was found on the scene with a knife.
Officers used a taser in an attempt to take the man into custody. However, the taser was ineffective. Allen began to attack officers while armed with the knife.
At that time, a KPD officer fired his department issued handgun, striking Allen. He was taken to UT Medical Center for treatment. The extent of injuries are unknown.
No officers were injured. The TBI is investigating this incident.
- 7 Tennessee sites added to Register of Historic Places
- Megan Boswell seeks release from jail amid investigation into daughter’s death
- Health department investigating East Nashville house party attended by hundreds
- East Tennessee law enforcement officers come together to surprise 4-year-old fighting cancer
- Orlinda Mayor Ricky Stark recovering from COVID-19
This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 and WKRN.com for updates.