GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Gatlinburg Police Department are investigating the circumstances that lead to the death of 33-year-old Khaled Alshahrani.
TBI reports that on May 27, at around 10:30 p.m. Alshahrani was found deceased in the Little Pigeon River.
Investigators say they would like to speak to anyone who may have seen him in the Downtown Gatlinburg area prior to his death that evening. He was visiting the area outlined in red in this map below:
If you have any information, you’re asked to call GPD at 865-436-5181 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
- Maury County EMA issues flood warning
- Metro Health Dept. reports 14,538 cases of COVID-19 in Nashville
- United Methodist Church has closed churches for 3 East Tennessee counties
- TBI identifies suspect shot in officer-involved shooting in South Knoxville
- TDHS extends deadline to apply for pandemic food assistance
This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 and WKRN.com for updates.