This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel an event on its calendar because of the pandemic.
The HOF game was scheduled to be played Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has been postponed.
The HOF kicks off the NFL season as being the first preseason game of the year.
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Bubonic Plague case diagnosed in China
- Downtown Nashville businesses feel financial impact after holiday weekend
- COVID-19 immunity proposal flounders in Tennessee
- Frederick Douglass statue found vandalized at New York park