Space heater may have caused house fire in East Nashville

News

An elderly man was forced to leave his home Sunday morning because of a fire in his bedroom. 

Heavy smoke was pouring from a bedroom window at the house of Waters Avenue in East Nashville. 

Firefighters put out the fire in just a few minutes.  No one was hurt. 

They believe an electric space heater may be to blame. 

Related: Heater causes Madison house fire in January; 2 injured, dog killed

The State Fire Marshal’s Office reminds you:

  • All heaters need space. Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from heating equipment.
  • Turn heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room.
  • Purchase and use space heaters that have an automatic shut-off-if they tip over, they shut off.
  • Place space heaters on a solid, flat surface and keep them and their electrical cords away from things that can burn, high traffic areas, and doorways.
  • Plug space heaters directly into wall outlets and never into an extension cord or power strip.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ



Don't Miss

Trending Stories