(WFLA/CNN) - An environmental advocacy group says several popular breakfast foods have Round-Up in them.
Cheerios and Nature Valley products are among the foods in the Environmental Working Group's report cited as containing trace amounts of glyphosate.
Some experts believe the controversial herbicide causes cancer.
Last month, a California jury awarded Monsanto to pay a couple more than $2 billion dollars for their cancers after long-term exposure to the product.
General Mills — which makes Cheerios — admits pesticide residue can make its way into its products.
But says the levels are much lower than what the federal government allows.
Researchers and agencies around the world are unsure whether glyphosate causes cancer
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WATCH LIVE: Trump to announce 2020 bid in Orlando
- DR officials identify man believed to have paid...
- Florida man dressed as Spiderman seen power...
- Frito-Lay recalls chips due to possible milk...
On April 22, 2018, just before 3:30 a.m., a gunman entered a South Nashville Waffle House. He was nude, except for a green trench coat. In his hands was a Bushmaster AR-15. Thirteen people were at the restaurant. In less than 45 seconds, four people were fatally wounded, two were severely injured and seven others were deeply traumatized.Read More »