Snack company Mondelez International LLC is voluntarily recalling Ritz Cracker sandwiches and Ritz Bitz due to salmonella fears.
This includes products distributed across the United States, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. The recall includes multiple Ritz cheese products - a list of them can be found here.
Mondelez International LLC said these products contain whey powder that has been recalled by the supplier due to the possible presence of salmonella.
"Salmonella is a microorganism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems," said a representative of Mondelez. "Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections, endocarditis and arthritis."
The company says they have received no complaints of illnesses and this recall is a precaution based on the recall by the whey powder's supplier.
Anyone who has these products should not eat them and throw them away. Questions can be directed to Mondelez International at 1-844-366 -1171.
Goldfish crackers recalled due to...
Blood pressure medicine recalled...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Marcus Mariota injury changed to ‘stinger'
- Chicago police: Shots fired near hospital, multiple victims
- Newsmaker: Rescue mission provides Thanksgiving meal to Nashville's homeless
- Attention Shoppers: Store hours on Thanksgiving and Black Friday