CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WATE) – Peyton Manning is launching a premium bourbon distilled in East Tennessee along with a celebrity ownership group.
The inaugural Sweetens Cove Tennessee straight bourbon whiskey goes on sale next Tuesday. The 13-year aged bourbon is named for Sweetens Cove Golf Club located outside of Chattanooga.
500 bottles will be offered with the inaugural batch. A total of 14,000 bottles will be distributed worldwide with a pre-sale for Tennessee residents beginning on May 26.
A bottle of the special bourbon costs $200.
According to an interview with Golf Digest, Manning owns the distillery along with former tennis star Andy Roddick, CBS announcer Jim Nantz, country star Drew Holcomb and a small group of investors.
- Mayor Strickland extends Memphis curfew into the weekend
- TDOT: Tractor-trailer overturns on I-65 in Davidson County, lanes blocked off
- Prosecutors seek right mix of charges in George Floyd case
- OPEC, allied nations extend nearly 10M barrel cut by a month
- Kentucky hospital resumes limited visitations amid COVID-19 pandemic