CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WATE) – Peyton Manning is launching a premium bourbon distilled in East Tennessee along with a celebrity ownership group.
The inaugural Sweetens Cove Tennessee straight bourbon whiskey goes on sale next Tuesday. The 13-year aged bourbon is named for Sweetens Cove Golf Club located outside of Chattanooga.
500 bottles will be offered with the inaugural batch. A total of 14,000 bottles will be distributed worldwide with a pre-sale for Tennessee residents beginning on May 26.
A bottle of the special bourbon costs $200.
According to an interview with Golf Digest, Manning owns the distillery along with former tennis star Andy Roddick, CBS announcer Jim Nantz, country star Drew Holcomb and a small group of investors.
- Kentucky sets weekly record for coronavirus cases
- Steelers dominate early, hold off Titans for 27-24 win
- Man injured in rollover on interstate in La Vergne
- Tennessee reports 3,500 new COVID-19 cases, 31 deaths on Oct. 25
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds