According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Alert issued for missing 68-year-old Goodlettsville woman
- New trailer for ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 released
- Metro Health Dept. reports 32,200 cases of COVID-19 in Nashville
- Step-by-step guide on how to turn off Facebook voter registration prompts
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate