WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Members of the Wichita Thunder and Thunder dog handed out donated bears to students on Wednesday at Linwood Elementary.
A few weeks ago, the Thunder had a teddy bear toss to collect the bears that were passed out.
KSN News talked to one Thunder player about the event.
“When we are home and just practicing, we have a lot of time. I try to fill that time, that void, by doing things that can impact others and help other people,” said Brendan Smith, Wichita Thunder player.
The bears were passed out to one grade at a time.
- Dog and goat serving as mayor raise money to renovate playground
- Twitter temporarily suspends congresswoman over election fraud claims
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will Oval Office departure notes end with Trump?
- National Museum of African American Music to host ribbon-cutting ceremony Monday