WASHINGTON (WFLA) — In a video that has spread on social media, protesters can be seen handing over an apparent agitator to police during protests in Washington D.C. over the weekend.
Protesters took to the streets of the nation’s capital this past weekend to demonstrate their frustration with police brutality and social justice following George Floyd’s death.
A collection of demonstrators can be seen on video approaching a man who appeared to be destroying the sidewalk. They grabbed him and struggled with him as they carried him over to police custody.
- COVID in Tennessee: 2,008 cases, 19 deaths reported April 22
- Man accused of hitting hotel worker in head with horseshoe, microwaving fire extinguisher
- DC statehood approved by House in party line vote; faces long odds in Senate
- COVID poses added risks to pregnant women, study says
- Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport loses title of ‘busiest’ in the world after 22 years