TAMPA, (WFLA) — Popeyes hit a road block in the chicken sandwich war Tuesday when they announced they sold out of their supremely popular chicken sandwiches.
The fast food chain released a video highlighting the success of the sandwich, showing the “sold out” signs on restaurant doors across the country.
In a shocking turn of events, Popeyes said it is temporarily suspending production of the sandwich until further notice.
Did the chicken restaurant really sell out of chicken sandwiches? Or is it a strategy to get people to download their app? The video says if you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to your area, you can download the Popeyes mobile app.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Metro Health Dept. reports 267 deaths, 28,392 cases of COVID-19 in Nashville
- Utility worker killed in crash in Mississippi after helping restore power to victims of Hurricane Sally
- Smyrna vice mayor arrested on DUI charge
- Tennessee boy loses tooth on vacation, ‘tooth fairy’ finds his message in a bottle