TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – News about Dorian is not all doom and gloom.
Some Floridians have managed to keep their sense of humor as the hurricane nears the state.
Businesses around the state are writing funny messages on boarded-up windows.
They include: “Dang Dorian,” “Hieeeee k byeeee and “Dorian Olive U 2 go back 2 sea.”
Dorian downgraded to a Category 3 hurricane on Tuesday. The storm is slowly moving over the Bahamas, unlesashing massive flooding across the islands. Five people are confirmed to have died in the storm.
Although Florida is out of the cone of uncertainty, the size of the storm is bringing tropical storm-force winds to the state’s east coast.
Hurricane and tropical storm warnings and watches are in effect for parts of the state.
- Florida man received $1.9M in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Infant dead after apparent attack by family dog in Virginia
- Metro Health Dept. reports 295 deaths, 33,699 cases of COVID-19 in Nashville
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week
- As US hits highest 7-day average for virus cases, these states are hardest hit