MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- PHOTOS: Arrests in Tennessee related to riots at U.S. Capitol
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace