TROY, Ohio (WDTN) – Deputies in Ohio are asking for the public’s help to track down suspects who allegedly threw a small Chihuahua from the passenger’s side window of a moving pickup truck.
Our partners at the Troy Daily News report that it happened on SR-41 near SR-202 around 10:24 a.m. on Monday.
The vehicle involved is described as an older gray Dodge Dakota or Chevrolet S-10 with a camper top.
Two witnesses at the scene stopped and picked up the dog. They took it to their home and called police.
The dog was taken to Troy Animal Hospital for treatment. Doctors say the pup suffered head trauma, possible spinal disc injuries, and abrasions.
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Tuesday briefing
- Judge: R. Kelly must remain locked up amid coronavirus crisis
- Drive-through viewing at funeral home for loved ones to pay their respects
- Governor Beshear holds April 7th Kentucky COVID-19 briefing
- Lowe’s to close all stores, facilities for Easter to give workers ‘much-deserved’ day off