Fire extinguished at Madison apartment complex

News

PHOTO: NFD

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The Nashville Fire Department is investigating an apartment fire that broke out in Madison Wednesday night.  

Crews were called to the Charter Village Apartments in the 300 block just after 8:30 p.m. Emergency officials asked the public to avoid the area, if possible.  

NFD reported arriving firefighters found residents on the second floor beating on a window as they were trapped inside. Crews set up a ladder but some occupants decided to jump, according to the department.

Those occupants reportedly freed themselves and fled from the scene while two others were helped by firefighters down the ladder.

Crews extinguished the fire and kept it from spreading to nearby units and there were no injuries to residents or fire personnel.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss