WKRN web staff - NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Do efforts to legalize medical marijuana in Tennessee stand a chance? There is growing momentum to make cannabis oil available for a long list of ailments, from cancer to arthritis to Parkinson's and PTSD.
There's also stiff opposition.
All day Thursday, we investigated the growing debate over medical marijuana in Tennessee, taking a look at both sides of the story - from people fighting on a grassroots level for legalization to those fighting against it.
Stories include the politics of pot and where the candidates for governor stand, a local hemp farmer who is taking advantage of a state research program, veterans who believe cannabis oil is helping them, and personal stories of local families, including the parents of a 9-year-old boy who has seizures.
We also shared the concerns of people who believe medical marijuana will lead to serious drug abuse. Law enforcement is divided on this issue.
- Politics play role in fate of medical marijuana in Tennessee
- Medical marijuana efforts began with Democrats before turning to Republicans
- Law enforcement split on medical marijuana in Tennessee
- POLL: Would you personally consider using medical marijuana?
- Proponents say it could drive Tenn. economy, but what hurdles would cannabis businesses face?
- Industrial hemp farm in Franklin expects years of growth in cannabis industry
- Cannabis oil sponsor expects 'vigorous debate' as lawmakers tackle use of medical marijuana
- Clarksville veterans run industrial hemp company, push to legalize medical marijuana
- Years after medical cannabis oil legalized, advocates say more needs to be done
Woman gets 2 days in prison for her...
Hard Rock casino installs big guitar...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Hard Rock casino installs big guitar with misspelled word
- Bill would keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases his tax returns
- Peg Leg Porker in the Gulch vandalized
- Bridgestone hosts Olympic Day at Ford Ice Center