WKRN web staff - FRANKLIN COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) - A man on trial for the 2013 death of a Cowan man was found guilty of first degree murder Thursday, according to The Winchester Herald Chronicle.
David Jenkins was one of four men who were charged in the beating death of Corey Matthews, 26, in March of 2013.
Investigators believed Matthews' death was a targeted crime because of his affiliation with the Aryan Brotherhoood and Aryan Nation.
Matthews was found dead in a field having suffered blunt trauma to his head and face.
The suspects are being tried separately with Jenkins' trail being the first.
He will serve no less than 51 years.
More than 30 dogs seized from Macon...
Newsmaker: Kayla Sanders,...
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Newsmaker: Kayla Sanders, International Fitness...
- 2 killed in Dickson County crash
- The Bill Lee era begins in Tennessee
- Nashville teen arrested after allegedly...
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Thriving. Eclectic. Historic. Hip. Four words the Nashville Convention and Visitors Corporation uses to describe East Nashville. It is also a community continually working to shake a reputation based in part on perception and reality.Read More »