NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Officials from the Tennessee Department of General Services told News 2 they are keeping a list of damages at Legislative Plaza from Saturday night’s riots.
The following were damaged:
- Capitol – Edward Carmack statue torn down, graffiti on the grounds and the wall along the street
- War Memorial – broken windows
- Rachel Jackson – broken windows
- Andrew Jackson – broken windows and damage to side entrance
- Supreme Court – broken door
- Citizens Plaza – broken windows, graffiti
Officials said there are no estimates of the cost involved at this point. Graffiti cleanup is underway Sunday and the Carmack Statue will be removed when they can get a crane to the site.
The latest on the protests and riots following the “I Will Breathe” rally in Nashville: