No one was injured in a large fire at the Magpro magnesium recycling plant in Benton County, Tennesee, according to Mayor Brett Lashlee.
Officials say the fire was reported around 1 a.m. Friday morning.
According to Mayor Lashee, the fire was caused when barrels of magnesium stored in outdoor sheds were exposed to water when it rained overnight.
When magnesium comes into contact with water, it ignites.
The fire was contained to the MagPro property and no injuries were reported.
According to Lashee, fires with high flames are common on the property.