NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Officials say an unattended radio is to blame for a residential fire that occurred at a triplex in East Nashville Tuesday morning.

Crews with the Nashville Fire Department were dispatched to the 400 block of Myrtle Street to respond to a call stating that flames and smoke was coming from a house that was on fire.

📧 Have breaking come to you: Subscribe to News 2 email alerts

According to Nashville Fire, the fire started inside a unit that is under renovation. Fire personnel determined that the fire sparked due to a radio that was left sitting on the carpet unattended for several days. 

| READ MORE | Latest headlines from Nashville and Davidson County

Officials say no injuries were reported and a dog that was initially believed to be unaccounted for was found safe. 

Red Cross has responded to the scene to help assist residents who were impacted by the incident.