NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Authorities took a man into custody after responding to an active shooter call at the Target out by the RiverGate Mall in Madison.

Officers with the Metro Nashville Police Department were dispatched to the Gallatin Pike North store just after 4:30 p.m. Sunday to respond to a report of an active shooter. 

Shortly before 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, April 2, police announced they had cleared the building and no threat remained.

Then, just after 11 p.m., authorities announced 31-year-old Jamar Simmons had been arrested at his Madison home in connection with the Target shooting. 

According to an arrest affidavit, Simmons was seen on surveillance video going through multiple isles and appeared to be shopping. 

Simmons is then seen on video entering the men’s section of the store and firing a single round toward the back wall, striking a belt display. The bullet damaged the dry wall and a few belts. 

Court records state that a woman was near the back wall folding merchandise when she observed a gun being pointed toward her direction and heard the gun being fired. 

According to officials, after firing the shot, Simmons immediately fled to the front entrance and left the scene in a maroon Chevrolet Impala.  

Prior his arrest, Metro Police released images of Simmons in hopes that someone could identify him. 

An anonymous caller, and an officer with Goodlettsville Police Department, both recognized Simmons and contacted Metro Police. 

| READ MORE | Latest headlines from Nashville and Davidson County

Metro Police officers made contact with Simmons at his Madison residence, took him into custody and seized a 9mm handgun. 

According to an arrest affidavit, Simmons allegedly admitted to firing one shot into the wall at the Target during an interview with detectives. 

Officials say Simmons also had an outstanding theft warrant from last June after he allegedly stole cash out of a partially open register at a Wendy’s drive-thru.

Simmons was charged and remains in the Metro Jail on a $103,500 bond.