BELLEVUE, Tenn. (WKRN) – An hours-long standoff between Metro police and a barricaded man has officially ended after the home at the center of the standoff went up in flames early Friday morning.

The incident began Thursday, Oct. 20, around 2:30 p.m. along General George Patton Drive in the River Plantation neighborhood of Bellevue.  

📧 Have breaking come to you: Subscribe to News 2 email alerts

According to Metro police, officers attempted to serve two arrest warrants at the home of 40-year-old Zachary Michael Johnson, charging him with stalking and harassing/threatening an Assistant District Attorney who had represented him in the past. Johnson refused to surrender and barricaded himself inside the home.

  • Zachary Michael Johnson mugshot 2

Johnson later allegedly came out of the house briefly, carrying a long gun and then went back inside. Despite repeated announcements over a loud speaker, a lengthy phone conversation with a police negotiator and the deployment of tear gas into the home, authorities said Johnson refused to come out.

Police said Johnson later shot at the officers and a SWAT team member returned fire; no one was hit.

The multi-hour standoff ended around 2:45 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 21, when Johnson came outside after the home went up in flames. At this time, authorities are unsure what caused the fire.

| READ MORE | Latest headlines from Nashville and Davidson County

Fire personnel was able to extinguish the flames early Friday morning. Officials said Johnson was able to escape the residence with minor injuries and was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating the SWAT officer’s gunfire.

Meanwhile, Johnson will be charged with two counts of aggravated assault for firing a gun at SWAT officers as they tried to get him to surrender overnight, according to Metro police.

Neighbors told a News 2 crew on the scene that they were not asked to leave their homes during the duration of the incident.

Following the standoff, News 2 received a copy of an arrest report from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office in Florida about a Tennessee man — identified as Johnson — who allegedly caused a disturbance at a gas station in August 2014.

According to the Florida report, Johnson said he was homeless and asked to be taken to a shelter, but the responding officer discovered Johnson had an active warrant out of Tennessee for five counts of “Strongarm-Rape.” The warrant and the extradition were reportedly confirmed, so Johnson was arrested and brought to jail.

During his trial in 2017, Johnson was found guilty on lesser charges of sexual battery, sending the case to the Appellate Court. According to court documents, he did not receive a new trial, resulting in expungement.

On Saturday, Johnson was discharged from a hospital and booked on outstanding stalking and harassment warrants including two counts of shooting at police officers during the standoff. He remains in the Metro Jail on a $120,000 bond.

📲 Download the News 2 app to stay updated on the go.
📧 Sign up for WKRN email alerts to have breaking news sent to your inbox.
💻 Find today’s top stories on for Nashville, TN and all of Middle Tennessee.

This is a developing story. WKRN News 2 will continue to update this article as new information becomes available.