NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Eight homes and one business was raided in East Nashville Tuesday morning as part of an ongoing narcotics investigation.
News 2 has learned seven people – Willie Matthews, 64, Keith Matthews, 51, Arthur Matthews, 56, Timothy Woodard, 58, Charles Woodard, 54, James Griffin, 35, and Trayco Jenkins, 34 – were all arrested and are charged with distribution of narcotics.
Commander David Imhoff told News 2 their arrests made a “big dent” in illegal activity in East Nashville.
Police also seized five handguns, a shotgun and an AK-47.
News 2 was at a home on Scott Avenue that was raided as part of the bust Tuesday morning.
Officers were seen going in and out of the home and a sign saying, “Narcotics Search Warrant – Metropolitan Police Department” was placed at the end of the home’s driveway. A drug dog was also taken inside to search the home.
Additional information was not immediately released.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- ‘Explorer at heart': American missionary killed by tribe in India
- Children end effort to contest Glen Campbell's wills
- Rinne sets mark for Finnish goalies, Predators top Blues 4-1
- Tennessee woman arrested, accused of taking dog in bear hunt