REDDING, Calif. (WKRN) – Police in Eureka, California, have announced missing Cheatham County woman Nikki Alcaraz has been found safe.

According to the Eureka Police Department, around 7:15 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30, officers responded to the 100 block of 4th Street on a report of a missing person identified as Alcaraz. She had previously been spotted at the location on Monday, May 29.

📧 Have breaking come to you: Subscribe to News 2 email alerts

Officers investigated the sighting of Alcaraz in Eureka and confirmed both she and her boyfriend, Tyler Stratton, were together and had been at the location, according to investigators.

Eureka police said just before 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, a resident called the police department and said they had seen the vehicle associated with Alcaraz and Stratton traveling south on Broadway. Officers went to the area and found the vehicle parked at Pacific Plaza. Alcaraz and Stratton were both found inside the car and cooperated with officers on scene, investigators said.

Alcaraz told officers she was okay and did not need any help. Meanwhile, police checked on Stratton and discovered he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest out of Tennessee with full extradition.

Stratton’s warrant was for failure to appear on a theft-related crime; he was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility, according to authorities.

Tyler Stratton (Source: Eureka Police Department)

Authorities in Redding, California, said their investigators have been in contact with the Moriarty, New Mexico Police Department and confirmed Alcaraz is no longer considered a missing person.

Alcaraz and Stratton set out about a month ago for a cross-country road trip, with it taking a turn on May 4 in Torrance County, New Mexico.

According to a Torrance County Sheriff’s Office report from May 4, a witness saw Stratton punch Alcaraz in the face. The report went on to say that Stratton claimed he was also hit, with blood coming from his mouth and nose.

On Tuesday evening, News 2 obtained body camera footage following a fight between Alcaraz and Stratton.

A truck driver called 911, saying he saw Alcaraz get punched in the face, while her boyfriend told a responding deputy that he was also hit. You can see in the video both are bloody and bruised, with Alcaraz first telling the deputy she wants to press charges.

In the end, the couple was separated and dropped off in separate locations with neither pressing charges.

On Monday night, law enforcement officials and Cheatham County District Attorney General Ray Crouch told News 2 Alcaraz was spotted at a Redding Walmart. Surveillance cameras captured Alcaraz at an ecoATM as she was reportedly selling her phone.

No other information was released.

📲 Download the News 2 app to stay updated on the go.
📧 Sign up for WKRN email alerts to have breaking news sent to your inbox.
💻 Find today’s top stories on for Nashville, TN and all of Middle Tennessee.

This is a developing story. WKRN News 2 will continue to update this article as new information becomes available.