Gas leak, fire closes Smyrna fast food restaurant

Local News

SMYRNA, Tenn. (WKRN) — A fast food restaurant in Smyrna was closed Sunday night following a fire and gas leak.

According to city officials, firefighters responded around 7:40 p.m. to a grease fire at Cookout on Sam Ridley Parkway.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire and then located a gas leak, the city reported. The gas was quickly shut off.

The city said the restaurant was closed pending repair and inspection.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Community Calendar