An employee who handled food at Hopkinsville, Ky. school has been diagnosed with Hepatitis A, according to officials with Christian County Schools.
Officials said in a statement that the employee handled food at Indian Hills Elementary School.
A spokesman for the school system said that an investigation found the risk of students and others being infected is very low.
Christian County Public Schools is working with the Christian County Health Department to prevent new cases from arising in the community.
CDC recommends hepatitis A vaccination for the following groups:
• All children at age 1 year
• Travelers to countries that have high rates of hepatitis A
• Family members and caregivers of recent adoptees from countries where hepatitis A is common
• Men who have sexual contact with other men
• People who use injection and non-injection illegal drugs
• People with chronic (lifelong) liver diseases, such as hepatitis B or hepatitis C
• People who are treated with clotting-factor concentrates
• People who work with hepatitis A infected animals or in a hepatitis A research laboratory