NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Investigators believe a heater on a back porch sparked a fire that heavily damaged a home in South Nashville Thursday morning.
The two-alarm fire was reported just before 10 a.m. at a residence on Stonegate Place near Franklin Pike, north of Brentwood.
When firefighters arrived, there was heavy smoke and flames coming from the home. The roof caved in, a short time later.
According to Nashville firefighters, one woman lives in the home and was able to escape without injury.
The fire department said it appeared a heater on in an enclosed back porch caused the fire, but the investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 and WKRN.com for updates.