PORTLAND, Tenn. (WKRN) — Portland was all aglow Saturday night as the city kicked off the holiday season with its annual Christmas parade.
Floats, bands, beauty queens, and first responders marched down Highway 109 on Saturday, Dec. 3, getting everyone in the holiday spirit.
Meanwhile, kids lined the road to get plenty of candy.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a holiday parade without Ol’ Saint Nick waving to the crowds as he passed by at the end.
The following floats received prizes during the parade:
- Grand champion: Nabholz Corporation
- 1st place float: Dorman Products
- 2nd place float: Unipres
- 3rd place float: Heads Up Machine Repair
- Best use of theme: The Farmers Bank
- Most holiday spirit: Girl Scouts Troop 522
- Best vehicle: Shoes Garage
- Best church: Fountain Head Baptist Church
- Best nonprofit: Hands of Hope
The parade followed the city’s Christmas Festival along Main Street, which featured food vendors, live music, cookie decorating, and visits with Santa Claus, according to the Portland Chamber of Commerce.