Child electrocuted while barefoot in the rain near downtown Nashville

Local News

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A child was electrocuted while playing in the rain near downtown Nashville Sunday night.  

It happened around 8:30 p.m. on University Court close to the J.C. Napier homes.  

  • University Court electrocution
  • University Court electrocution
  • University Court electrocution

The Nashville Fire Department told News 2 the child was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. 

Crews were originally called the scene for a reported crash but first-responders quickly determined the child was injured by an electrical hazard.

The child was barefoot and tripped on a down power line, according to the Nashville Fire Department.

Nearly 1,300 Nashville Electric Service customers were without power in the immediate area as storms moved through Middle Tennessee. 

This is a developing story. Stay with News 2 and WKRN.com for updates.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss