As millions plan their travel for Labor Day weekend, we’ve got a few interesting suggestions for places to stay.
TripAdvisor has just released a list of the world’s quirkiest hotels based on the quality and quantity of reviews and ratings from the past year.
If travelers want something a bit different, how about booking a room in a giant beagle-shaped inn or enjoying the outdoors in a tree-house hotel.
Some of the wackiest hotels in the U.S. and throughout the world include:
Top 10 Quirky Hotels in the World:
1. Spitbank Fort, Portsmouth, U.K.
2. Dog Bark Park Inn, Cottonwood, Idaho
3. Free Spirit Spheres, Vancouver Island, Canada
4. Skylodge Adventure Suites, Urubamba, Peru
5. La Villa Cheminee de Tatzu Nishi, Nantes, France
6. The Aurora Express, Fairbanks, Alaska
7. SiloStay, Little River, New Zealand
8. Kumbuk River Eco-Extraordinaire, Buttala, Sri Lanka
9. Treehouse Lodge, Paraiso, Peru
10. La Balade des Gnomes, Durbuy, Belgium