KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A carjacking suspect was arrested after stealing a man’s car at gunpoint in the early hours of Saturday morning, per Knoxville Police Department.
KPD says around 1:15 a.m., officers responded to a carjacking that occurred in the 1300 block of Knotty Pine Way. Officers were told by the victim that an unknown suspect had stolen his car at gunpoint and fled the scene.
Then at around 11:50 a.m. on the same day, officers went to the 3600 block of Lyons Way where the stolen vehicle was located and a male was found matching the description of the suspect.
After a short foot chase, officers arrested 36-year-old Jeromon Lawery with K-9 assistance.
The victim positively identified Lawery from a lineup as the person responsible for the carjacking, and he was charged with carjacking and evading arrest. KPD also says additional charges are pending.
Lawery was also wanted out of Chatham county, Georgia for violation of parole.
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- Mayor Cooper launches citizen’s advisory board to help rebuild 2nd Avenue